'Add to AOT' option not visible

Hi,

I am not able to findout the “Add To AOT” option after right click on the usercontrol(Microsoft Dynamics User Control) added by me from solution explorer in VS 2008. I have restarted VS 2008 studio many a times but not getting any success.

Please find my installation as below:

1. Windows Server 2008 R2 - 32 bit OS (contains below components)
  • Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 client

• Enterprise Development Tools

• .net business connector

• debugger

1. Windows server 2008 R2 enterprise - 64 bit OS (contains below components)
  • AX Database (SQL Server 2008)

• AOS

• Roles and Enterprise portalframework

• .net business connector

• debugger

I have checked couple of times the settings of my local client and business connector from the client configuration utility on the client machine (windows server 2008 R2 - 32 bit OS) as stated in #1, both settteled perfectly.

Below are screenshots for the local client and business connector configurations respectively,

what do i missing ?

Pl. help.

Hi Aslesh,

I have also faced same problem, but after some time I have suddenly got that " ADDTOAOT" option. I did not change any properties

still i did not know what is the problem with this if you got any Solution for this please let me know.

mail id :: suresh.0050@gmail.com

Thanks…

suresh

Hi Suresh,

I think the problem was my pc configurations. My AX client machine is having Windows server 2008 R2(32 bit) OS, my AX client accessing the AOS installed on the other machine which is also having Windows server 2008 R2 (64 bit) OS. Another thing is my machine (Win server 2008 R2 - 32 bit) on which i have installed Ax client also contain the another AOS.

So, i think the problem was my .Net BC is not able to point to the exact AOS instance (which is on the other machine). Now i have configured the AX clinet on the same machine on which i have AOS installed (Win server 2008 R2 - 64 bit) as i have mentioned above. Now it works fine.

Hope you can be able to get some rid out of it.

Thanks.

Hi,

The other workarround is to reinstall the EP and Role center framework from the DVD of AX 2009 but this time configure it with the appropriate BC account (user name & password) using which the main EP site is configured on the other machine(Win server 2008 R2 - 64 bit). This time un check both the check boxes for configure and create website.

I have re-install the EP farmework using above mentioned settings and now my VS 2008 works fine.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.