Add product dimensions

Hi

We want to add certain product dimensions in AX 2012. Is there a way to add new product dimensions in addition to the default ones like configuration, color, size and style?

Thanks

You need to customize the system to achieve this. Why do you need more than 4? Can you explain?

Hi Adam Roue,

One of my client is also asking to rename the product dimension , We want to rename product dimensions in AX 2012. Is there a way to rename the product dimensions in addition to the default ones like configuration, color, size and style?

If yes , please let me know , how can we achieve this ?

Thanks

Yeah the customer needs more than four dimensions and that too not the ones defaulted in Product dimensions.

This customization needs modifications to many objects and creation of new object for a complete support(i mean for SSRS, AIF and retail)

Take the help one of the existing dimension implementation, Example : Style

Hi Kranthi ,

Could you answer to my question ?

Hi Reema

If you just want to rename, you can do that in Product dimension groups. Size and color can be renamed there. just click on rename and change the field like ‘color’ and name it whatever you want. The system will change that dimension

Hi Akanksha,

Were you able to find any solution for the problem or still hoping for any relative response. I too have the same issue and wandering for solution, do share if you have found any.

Thanks,

WAQAR

Hi Akanksha,

Did you find any solution for the same?