ADCS with hyperterminal - does not work with XP.

Hello, If you have got ADCS working with hyper-terminal on a p.c. running XP please read on! I have installed (Using 3.70 cd) Navision Server, NAS & ADCS on a windows 2000 p.c. and got everthing working fine with hyper terminal. (after a bit of messing about! i.e. restarting NAS, Communication and VT100 Plug-in.) I am now testing the same set up on a p.c. running windows XP. The Hyperterminal does not even reach the sign-on screen. The Application Error is Error 110 - here is the text… The description for Event ID ( 110 ) in Source ( Navision Communication System Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Internal Error in Navision Communication System Service ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Object : MPHandler_SendtoNAS Error No : 80004005 Description : CAN NOT FIND PIPE: Assure the pipe server is started, check share name. I am aware from searches on the partnerguide that there were problems with XP and hyperterminal that appear to have been solved with a special Style Sheet, however this was for 3.60. I tried this style sheet anyway, but to no avail. The problem is NOT caused by the named pipes being incorrect - i have double checked the set up - I am fairly certain it is purely an XP issue. Any suggestions (nice one’s! [;)]) greatly appreciated as ever.

It should work, since I’ve seen it work somewhere. but the installation procedure requires at least 10 civil engineers in computer science. Also you need to look for a hyper terrminal which support the F-keys, since the standard one doesn’t.

Hi gco, I know it should work, but it does not work for me!!! WRT function keys, I can’t even get a sign on so I don’t know if the function keys will or will not work in hyperterminal on XP, as I understand it the issues with the 3.60 ADCS and XP was the way hyperterminal behaves in XP and hence the style sheet had something to do with the solution. I did however have no problems with the function keys e.g. F1=first F2=last F3=regsiter, when using windows 2000.

Hello, In case anyone is interested in the future, I have found the answer to my problem! It was the named pipe registry that was wrong after all, despite being certain it could not be that! What tripped me up was that in the manual the pipe names are “replypipe_CRONUS_UK_Ltd__NAS1” (underscoreunderscoreNAS1) and “requestpipe_CRONUS_UK_Ltd__NAS1” (underscoreunderscoreNAS1) and as we all know the company name “CRONUS UK Ltd.” The crucial thing that I did not realise/notice was that one of the underscores was replacing the fullstop! [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(] So, like a fool when I created… “My Demo Company Ltd” - no fullstop pipe with registry values… “replypipe_My_Demo_Company_Ltd__NAS1” (underscoreunderscoreNAS1) and “requestpipe_My_Demo_Company_Ltd__NAS1” (underscoreunderscoreNAS1) …it no longer functioned. What can I say, but watch out for the named pipe values![:I]