Accounts Payable Invoice Distributions

Hello all - I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or really any direction since I’m at a loss at how this would even be done in NAV.

We are moving a newly acquired company to Dynamics NAV 2009 which is what the rest of our business units have as their g/l and a/p system. In the new company’s legacy system, they have the capability of putting different distribution codes to each invoice line cost. Example: They receive an office supply invoice that has three categories for distribution (office paper, cleaning suppies, and capital equipment). Office paper receives a Administration allocation which has several cost centers associated with it broken out by percentage, cleaning supplies receives a Maintenance allocation which has several cost centers associated with it broken out by percentate, and the capital equipment would be driven to the appropriate balance sheet line via the line entry. The first two lines would be allocated over several cost centers based on the distribution code. Is this something we can even begin to address with NAV given that we’ve set them up to have 5 dimensional levels to meet their financial reporting requirements? I would like to try to be able to set up something similar so I don’t feel like their going backward in their process by having to track all the distributions in Excel. Any help would be much appreciated.