Account Schedule not reading special character in Global Dimension

Hi

I m new to account schedules. I m trying to make a Profit and Loss statement based on Global Dimension but because Global Dimension consists of special character ‘&’ I m nt able to get the totalling of the accounts for that global dimension

Please help

Don’t use special characters, just use A-Z, 0-9, _ , -

Can you can update your dimension with _

Hi Guyz…

I cant chage Global Dimension now as we have been using it for almost 2 yrs. There are significant amount of transaction taken place in system by now.

Please suggest me some other option

thanks in advace.

Hi Guyz…

I cant chage Global Dimension now as we have been using it for almost 2 yrs. There are significant amount of transaction taken place in system by now.

Please suggest me some other option

thanks in advace.

Hi ,

You can change global dimension from system and if you change the global dimension then it will automatically change the dimension in all transactions

Go to Administration–> Application Setup–> Financial Management–> General Ledger Setup–>Functions–> Change Global Dimensions

I would suggest Try it on Test Database.

Hi Amol

I dont want to change global dimension as i have another reports which have been coded using global dimension so i will have to change everyting then,. please suggest me some other option

thanks

Why can’t you rename the dimensions? Just go to the dimension with the bad characters and rename it using only the characters I suggested in my first post.

Changing dimension will not affect your reporting as well as transactions but if you have done an reporting by hard coding dimension then you need to change that.

Hi All

I have done reporting by harcoding the dimension…that is y i did not want to change it but now i feel that i need to change rename my dimension as well as report code…

again thank you all for ur suggestions