Account Schedule --> Excel

I’m currently developing an Add-on which allows to export the results of Account Schedules directly to MS-Excel Worksheets. Just to determine the potential number of customers: Is anybody interested? Marcus Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Hy, an idear from me: Excel vs. Word you transform your navision fields to word in this format: field1;field2;…;fieldn If all datas are in word, you start some Macros which put this text in a big tabel. By the way i slove our Word Output from the offer Modul of Navision in this way. wohh, very worse english i am sorry. ------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert schubert@dolphinct.de

you transform your navision fields to word in this format: field1;field2;…;fieldn If all datas are in word, you start some Macros which put this text in a big tabel<< Bad idea, very bad: 1) Transferring Fields to excel is not more complicated than sending them to word. 2) Professional reports in Excel consist of much more than just a bunch of numbers in a table: Formulas, Named Ranges, Pagebreaks after Totals, Group-Totals, Percentage-Calculation done on Group-Totals, Charts, Pivot tables, summary of Worksheet 1 is being placed in Worksheet 2 which requires named ranges as well as cross-worksheet references. After all I need only a fraction of time to create a propper Excel-Sheet than a WinWord-Macro. I don’t know about you but I am Navision Programmer not Word-Macro programmer. That’s why I have chosen the direct way. Marcus Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Hi, I can’t also undertand why using word for passing anything to Excel… there’s a theorem that says that the easiest way it’s usually the right one… When i needed some use of Excel from Navision i used Excel automations… when needed word ones… word automations, but i never should just thnik using a word automation for giving values to an excel report… it’s like going with a bike to buy gas for your car instead of going with the car… maybe you’re a fantastic bike’s driver… but why doing it??? Why increasing time and work when having the way for doing faster an easier??? Regards (=Un saludo) – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain

Alfonso, It’s difficult to drive to the gas station by car if you don’t have a driving license. :slight_smile: Alex just started with Navision programming and made his first steps into automation this August. You guess? Right, Automation with Word. I think that’s why Word was the first which came to his mind. Another idea would be to write the data as XML-Format, then start a java XML-parser to convert the XML-File using the appropriate XSL Style sheet into a html file which then could be posten via an ftp-script onto a server and Excel could run a saved web-query to get the data! By the way. If I would have no idea about Excel-Automation or about Automation at all or about ODBC I’d rather export the data as CSV file and write an Excel-Macro to read it in. Marcus Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

It’s difficult to drive to the gas station by car if you don’t have a driving license. :slight_smile: << Maybe there it’s difficult… but here in Spain i’ve met lots of people who started driving before having the age for getting a driving license… and they also filled their cars in gas stations… the only difficult thing when you don’t have a driving license it’s explaining the police man why you are not carrying it… :wink: – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain