Account number for transaction type Inventory, inventory loss does not exist.

Good Morning,

when performing Month End closing , we are getting “Account number for transaction type Inventory, inventory loss does not exist. // Problem with posting to account number with name .” . ANd the Closing is stopped .

I have found similar message related to inventory profit , but not this inventory loss . All parameters seems to be fine, when cross-checking with another company setup in the same server .

Any direction where to look at , would be appreciated.

Thanks

Go to Inventory management>setup >Item groups, check if the Inventory Profit/Loss accounts are specified for all the items groups.

Yes , I do have Main Account defined for Inventory Loss.

And we have the same problem - all setups are done correctly regarding invetory posting: we even created setup for relation all.

But it does not help.

In settlements we can see one transaction is without P/L account.

And closing is hanging on it…

As you know which is the transaction with the missing account, look for another one of the same type (same item group, same kind of transaction) that has the proper account, with these two records in mind, go to InventSettlement table.

Look to the OperationsLedgerDimension column, for the record that is correct, you should find there the code that belongs to the account of the item group, for the record that is causing you the error, this field should be empty, complete the field with the same code of the record that is correct (the field is editable). This should solve the problem, it happens to us once.

All fine as far as it goes, however I am concerned that the error message is not giving a great steer:

Close inventory

Item number: Widget

Account number for transaction type Inventory, fixed receipt price loss does not exist.

Problem with posting to account number with name .

Reported from company accounts abc

Posting has been cancelled.

Closing is being paused because of an error.

Please fix the problem and resume the calculation

I take that others have found that the Resume button does not do it for you. i.e. Geek intervention is needed.