Access to Windows Regional Settings

Does anybody know how can I access Windows Regional Settings from Attain 3.60. I need to read some values, not to change them. A code example would be great! -

I’m assuming you are after language or date/currency formats. There is not really any need to do this as all the regional formating can be set-up in Navision through, for example, the Currencies table. The current Windows language can be returned using WINDOWSLANGUAGE. For other settings it would be quite easy to create an OCX in Visual Basic to query the registry and pull out whatever infomation you require and use this OCX in Navision where you require it.

My target is to get the Digit grouping symbol (for numbers and currency). Is it possible to query the registry directly from Navision? -

You could fill a decimal var with 1234.56 - convert it to text with format(var) and look to second char.

Erik, I used this trick ones and found out that in a standard(?) French Windows installation the Digit grouping symbol is not filled out. So be carefull using this trick.

Thankyou! [:D] FORMAT did this job: GroupSymb := FORMAT(1234.15,20,'<Integer Thousand>'); GroupSymb := COPYSTR(GroupSymb,STRPOS(GroupSymb,'234') - 1,1); -

quote:

Originally posted by PeterD
Erik, I used this trick ones and found out that in a standard(?) French Windows installation the Digit grouping symbol is not filled out. So be carefull using this trick.

Ok