about return order

Dear All,
I would like to ask you about exact cost reversing use. I read navision trade manual and I check the field yes in the purchase and payables set up. when I receive some raw materials and they are all bad qualities, indeed it has been invoiced, my questions. I wll return the materials using return order, meanwhile it’s a manufacturing company with costing method is standard, will there be an influence? if not, I don’t need exact cost reversing checked yes, and filling apply-to entry field in the return order. So do I really need the exact cost reversing checked (yes)…? I also see that the purchase return order header and line tables are as same as purchase credit memo header and line tables. Which one will I choose then …? tks in advance for your answer.

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

Check the PPV entries of a PO and a return order with Exact cost reversing turned on and then off. Naturally make the purchase price difference to the standard to get PPV’s. Once you have seen the entries created your question will be answered.

When the orders are placed they use the purchase line and header tables, differentiated by the order type. When they are posted they go to the posted purchase credit memo table, with the purchase shipments being captured in a separate table. Therefore they are in the same table but flagged differently. Depending upon what you want to do will define which one you use.

I’ve read the manual and it explains that return order is more flexible than credit memo if the invoicing is separated. if there is no invoicing because the material returned only to repair, I think we must use purchase return order with selected ship only. About exact cost reversing field checked yes if we want to adjust inventory values, the field is used when using credit memo only.

I am afraid about how to include a price cut off e.g. 5% - 10% if the materials are returned from user to vendor because of user’s mistaken for example in the warehouse process (put the material into warehouse). How to include a price cut off if mistaken in the vessel when shipped from other country (by sea) or lost the vessel (sinked in the sea). Does vendor catalog have it ?

tks for your answer beforehand

Rgds,

MrGM

Hi

Ultimately the return order when shipped back to the supplier will become a credit memo, otherwise it remains an open order, and if you never get a credit you credit it for zero. For this reason the exact cost reversing ensures the price you paid for it matches the price credited. You can add discount percentages to this to reduce the credit given, alter the price or add another line to show reductions for whatever reason, but with exact cost reversing the costs still flow. I would say exact cost reversing has more pertinence to sales but that does not mean it does not have its value in purchases. Enter transactions and see what happens!

Dear Steven, All,

I wonder about the question asked by MrGM, as follows:

“I am afraid about how to include a price cut off e.g. 5% - 10% if the materials are returned from user to vendor because of user’s mistaken for example in the warehouse process (put the material into warehouse). How to include a price cut off if mistaken in the vessel when shipped from other country (by sea) or lost the vessel (sinked in the sea). Does vendor catalog have it ?”

Steven answers good but what about the vendor catalog then…? the alterations can be set there or not. I wonder then for the problem solution

Rgds,

Mark

What Steven most propbably means (Sorry Steven, I’m just guessing) is to put a line discount on the return order for the items you are returning.

Hi

Thomas your assumption is correct [:)]. With regards to the item vendor catalogue as standard it handles nothing like this.

Dear Thomas, all,

[:D]

I’ve seen now and I will try to grab all explanations here according to my problem. I think it’s solved now. I am glad I finally understand. Tks for all answers.

Rgds,

Mark