About item card, warehouse and routing

Dear All experts, I need your help to answer my problems as follows: 1. What is system preconditions before create an item in the item card? 2. What is the meaning of inbound supply order and outbound supply order and also its criterias ? 3. What is the net invoiced qty field usage and how it works ? 4. What is the meaning of set up time in routing ? Does it relate to the production of the last good piece of item A to the first good piece of item B ? Where will I have to put it ? in the last operation of item A’s machine center routing or first machine center of item B’s routing ? 5. What is the meaning of cross-docks ? could you give me the real application of using it with the example how it works. Tks a lot before hand for your answer Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark

quote:

1. What is system preconditions before create an item in the item card?

It depends what is pertinent to the business. As a bare minimum I would say Item No, Costing Method, GPPG, VPPG (or localised tax equivalent), and IPG. But if you need item tracking you ahve to set this up, if you report on product groups you need to set these, if you want a description set this, I would always use a UOM, etc etc etc.

quote:

2. What is the meaning of inbound supply order and outbound supply order and also its criterias ?

Where is this?

quote:

3. What is the net invoiced qty field usage and how it works ?

It totals up the sales invoices and credits purchase invoices and credits (where they have actually been invoiced) to tell you a net quantity for that item.

quote:

4. What is the meaning of set up time in routing ? Does it relate to the production of the last good piece of item A to the first good piece of item B ? Where will I have to put it ? in the last operation of item A’s machine center routing or first machine center of item B’s routing ?

Basically the set up of a machine is not generally dependant upon the number of items produced, it is static, tool changes etc. You put it where it is appropriate and a use it how it is best for the customer.

quote:

5. What is the meaning of cross-docks ? could you give me the real application of using it with the example how it works.

Goods come into a warehouse and have to be put away in a bin, however there is an order where the pick will be produced on the same day so rather than waste time putting it away it is cross docked into the dispatch area. Cross-docking comes from the areas in a warehouse reserved for inbound and outbound goods, you are shortcutting the bin putaway and pick.

Dear Steven, Tks al lot for your prompt reply. As about no.2 questions they are activities of warehouse and or purchase. here what I’ve got from F1 HELP about inbound supply order : "Earliest Date Available This field shows the arrival date of an inbound supply order that can cover the needed quantity on a date later than the demand date. Note: If the inbound order only covers parts of the needed quantity, it is not considered available and the field will not contain a date. and about outbound supply order: “In the location card in the field outbound warehouse handling” Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark You do not actually tell me which screen you see these fields on so I cannot help I am afraid. There is no Outbound Supply Order on the location card. Steve

Dear Steven, All, tks a lot for your reply and correction. Sorry for wrong question. I mean here is what the use of outbound warehouse handling and does it relate to supply order like purchase order from vendor to company etc…any replies/answers are welcome and thanks. Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark The outbound and inbound warehouse handling time simply adds time onto the receipt or dispatch of items. This is to allow the warehouse time to putaway or pick the items. If you have inbound set for 1D then the planned receipt date will be 1 day prior to the expected receipt date. The help is quite extensive on this point.