About Environment variables

What are Environment variables,and what type of environment variables are there in Navision attain. regards anoop

My best advise for you is to create a new Codeunit and start writing some code. Use the Symbol Menu, and in the left hand side of the screen, the list will show some sections for SYSTEM, etc. Look under the SYSTEM section for the variables listed there. I think that’s all the environment variable available to you in Navision. Regards! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada

“Environment variables” are variables, that are not defined within NAVISION, but in the environment: the Operating System. So, depending on your OS, there could be many EVs, e.g. USERNAME, TEMPPATH, PATH, etc. Just try this:

MESSAGE('%1', ENVIRON('USERNAME'));

for Windows NT, will show the Name which is logged on. Regards, Jörg Joerg A. Stryk Apollo-Optik, IT/ERP Edited by - stryk on 2002 Jul 22 17:01:41

Thanks to you all…now i am clear with Environment variables regards anoop

quote:

Originally posted by stryk: “Environment variables” are variables, that are not defined within NAVISION, but in the environment: the Operating System. Joerg

OIC! I thought we were just looking for any variables that Navision understands from the environment within the database. Thanks! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada