A red hand symbol appears in the "Open-transaction editing"

Hi together,

I get a solution for the problem (but):

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Locate the record ID for the affected transaction. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Open the Open-transaction editing dialog box.

• For an Accounts Payable transaction, click Accounts Payable in Microsoft Axapta. Click Vendors, select the vendor, click Functions, and then click Open-transaction editing.
      • For an Accounts Receivable transaction, click Accounts Receivable in Microsoft Axapta. Click Customers, select the customer, click Functions, and then click Open-transaction editing.
    2. In the Open-transaction editing dialog box, select the record that incorrectly indicates that a payment is applied.

3. Right-click the record, and then select Record Info.

4. Click Show all Fields, and then locate the record ID.

Note The record ID is linked to the RefID field in the SpecTrans table.

2. DeleteThe field RefRecId → AX 4.0
  3. Delete the record by using the Table Browser or by using SQL Query Analyzer → AX2009

Now I need the SQL Query for the Table Browser (AX 2009 allowed not to delete the field RefRecId )

Thanks a lot in advance

Aiman

Hi together,

Please share your experience and Suggest an Idea.[*-)]

Thanks a lot in advance

Aiman

Hi together,

Please share your experience again and Suggest an Idea.Confused

Thanks a lot in advance

Aiman

Hi Aiman,

No need to solve this from back-end, it can be achieved from front-end also.

Select the vendor and open Open transaction editing form.

Select the record with red mark, click on Inquiry and then further select specification.

Specification shown you where the particular transaction is applied to, like SO, Payment proposal. You can open the concerned transaction from specification form by clicking on Open journal form. Unapply the transaction.

This is the method from frontend and i will recomment to follow this approach.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thank a lo for your reply, what a found in the Specification is a posted Journal.
How can I unapply this transaction?

Aiman

Assume that payment entry is blocked and you want to unlock it.

1. Go to the vendor and open ‘Open transaction editing form’

2. Select the record with red mark, click Inquiries and then specification.

3. On the specification form, you will see that which payment journal it is locked to. This can be Payment proposal also.

4. You can see, for example the journal number where the transaction is locked.

5. You can go to that journal, open it, search the record with the help of payment amount. Click Function and then open transaction editing. System will throw a message that “Marked transaction editing. Do you want to unchheck.” Click on Yes and it will be unlocked. If you click No, open transaction editing form. You can manually uncheck the record. Or…

6. From the specification form itself you can navigate to the journal. Follow the steps as described in step 5.

See, from the backend it may seem task to be easier in comparision to front end. But i will suggest to follow above mentioned steps. There might be some other way also, but i am not aware of that.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Sorry I was sick. I thank you for your answer

I found in the open transaction editing for the Customer a Journal, then I click on the Button “open jounal form”. It is an old already posted journal. When I go to the Inquiry in the open transaction editingàVoucheràselect Journal Line and then click on the Button “original Document “àit is a posted Sales Order. This Sales Order doesn’t have a Marking.

In Step 5 in your answer” System will throw a message that "Marked transaction editing”à but that is not the case, I don’t get it.

In AX 4.0 is easier to solve it with àTable SpecTrans!!

I still have the red hand alwaysL

Aiman

Hi together,

Please share your experience and Suggest an Idea.Confused

Thanks a lot in advance

Aiman

Click the Inquiry → Specifications menu button.
Right click on Journal numaber (first field from left under grid)
Click on the lines button
Click on function settalment
You will get a message
Marked transactions exist. Remove them? Click on yes

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I think I have used a information from everyone! Here is what I have written as the solution. It works for the client … maybe it will help someone else.

Problem:

An invoice is marked for payment. However, there are no payment journals that are un-posted. So … how do I unmark the invoices and remove the “big red mark”?

When I create a new payment journal, nothing unusual occurs … but the message I expected … “transactions are marked for settlement. Do you want to delete?” does not display, etc. When I try to select the invoices again for payment , naturally the message “items are selected for settlement by another user” is displayed.

Solution 1:

Assume that an invoice is marked for payment and is locked and you want to unlock it.

1. Go to ‘All Vendors’ and then select the vendor and open 'Open transaction editing’ form.

2. Select the record with red mark, click Inquiries and then Specification.

3. On the specification form, you will see to which payment journal it is locked. This will also work with a Payment proposal.

4. You can see, for example the journal number / voucher number where the transaction is locked.

5. Go to that journal, open it, and search for the locked record usng the payment amount. Click Function and then open transaction editing. The System will throw a message that “Marked transaction exist. Do you want to uncheck?” Click on “Yes” and it will be unlocked. If you click “No”, on the open transaction editing form, you can manually uncheck the record.

6. As an alaternative, from the specification form itself you can navigate to the journal. Follow the steps as described in step above.

That said … again you may find that there are no un-posted journals, and it is not possible to perform the above. So try this….

Solution 2:

Caution: an error here can cause an anomaly in the database …and that would be bad – very bad! Use this with extreme caution and perhaps with the assistance of a technical person.

The ‘Marked’ transactions exist in the ‘SpecTrans’ table. Clear the mark by deleting the related record(s) out of this table and that opens the invoices to be settled for selection in a new payment journal.

Please test one of the missing entries all the way through to a check payment and posting before doing any of this …

Let’s say you have found the “bad” records in the Settle Open transactions form. You now have the data you want to remove.

Select Ctrl+D to go to the AOT. Open the Data Dictionary and select the SpecTrans table. Select the records you wish to delete.

Mark the records to be deleted from this table. Delete the records and that opens the invoices to be settled by a new payment journal.

This has worked for me, but I have colleagues who have slightly different situations, for whom it didn’t work.

I am sorry… but the thing is that you just cannot delete any record from the table spectrans table in aot. As far my experieneces go, please delete only those records whose SpectableID is “470”. Everthing else other than that being deleted will get you in trouble with unbalancing and reconciliation problems.

Thanks Pranav Kumar,

This is really helpful to me. :slight_smile: [Y]

I encounter the same issue, and resolve it from front end, for your information. Use the VENDOR settle open transaction form for example, the CUSTOMER is the similar. AX Version: AX 2012 R3 E.G. There’s one vendor settle open transaction is marked, cannot be settled. Solution: 1. Account payable → all vendors → invoice area → settle open transaction → select marked record → inquiry → specification → find related to purchase order ->go to the purchase order → invoice area → open transaction → click it, then system prompt like “there’s records are marked, whether to delete”-> click yes, then the issue is resolved.