a few questions about Axapta

-Of all the objects, which application objects are saved separately in each application layer? -What type of code/syntax is used in the ‘Find’ dialog? -What do you need to do to be able to save and get values from the SysLastValue table? -Is it possible to automatically update Relations on a datasource of a query, if so how? -What are the main differences between these nodes in the AOT: Application Developer Documentation, Application Documentation, System Documentation? and which node would you find information about new reports you have made or modified? -What types of relations can you put on extended data types? -If someone wants you to create a new layout for the CustTable form, what is the best approach to doing this? -How do you get the best performance out of 3-tier configuration? is it by concentrating code on the tables, placing all code in the classes, only calling stored procedures, or making only necessary system calls?? -Where do you look to see if a Customer Transaction has closed? the closed field in the CustTrans table, open field in the CustTrans table, or CustSettlement table -What exactly is happening when you synchronize a database?

I hope all these answers can be found in the developers guide and if I am correct all these are the programming certification questions. Best of Luck for the certification [:D][8D]

Hi, Two essential documents are the Implementation Guide and the Development Best Practises Handbook. Follow links to Web based versions on the page: http://technet.navision.com/usered/Axaptaindex.htm ps) Please tell me if there is any way to print the whole manual from here [?]

Hi, You can find the documents in your Axapta CD in the following path 1. Implementation Guide : cd\Documentation\Guides\AX-300-IMP-001-v01.00-ENUS.chm 2. Developers Best Practice Handbook : cd\Documentation\Guides\AX-300-DVG-003-v01.00-ENUS.chm There are other chm (help) files (apart from the standard developers guide of Axapta)which are very useful in the same directory. Hope this helps you [:)]

quote:

Originally posted by Esa
Hi, Two essential documents are the Implementation Guide and the Development Best Practises Handbook. Follow links to Web based versions on the page: http://technet.navision.com/usered/Axaptaindex.htm ps) Please tell me if there is any way to print the whole manual from here [?]

yea that programming test is ridiculous. I don’t see any way to pass it unless you work with the system for quite awhile then remember all the questions on the test for when you take it over and over again. any better ways to pass it?