2012 Resource groups/resources and output locations

Is it possible to automate multiple output locations from a resource ( and/or resource group) as vanilla as possible in AX 2012? Example, crack an egg, yolk to one tank and whites to one tank and shells to a third. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

You talk output and give an example fo consumption - of are you making a cracked egg? [:D] Not sure what you are trying to do but have you looked at the item and the warehouse setup and the default locations?

Adam,

Cracked egg was best example I could come up with as it is a food related industry [:$]. I should have explained better. The three items are byproducts (co) of a manufacturing process. I did not believe there was an output location available to specify at the item level and thought it only at the resource group level. However, at a resource group level there is only one input/output whse and loc.

I believe it is in co-products, i just need some guidance on thinking process through utilizng vanilla DAX.

Regards,

Chris

The resource group location replaces the production unit consumption functionality in AX2009, it is used when the consumption journal is auto-posted to get the location (which causes its own problems). With the co-product you are creating an output and you physically report this through the Report as Finished process. If you specify on the item the warehouse item default receipt location for that warehouse. Then in teh output journal, depending upon the manufacturing warehouse, and how you report the co-products, it will default the location into the journal.

Thanks a bunch Adam…we were attacking it from the wrong angle.

Glad you got there Chris [:)]