2.6 Upgrade Advice Request (2 questions)

1. We currently use Navision Financial 2.6 w/ Navision Analyst. We’re planning on upgrading to Navision Financials 3.7 but are unsure about what we will use to create the Excel Reports that Navision Analyst does in 2.6. Our NSC has suggested the possibility of using Navision’s Dimensions Granule or TARGIT Analysis. http://www.targit.com/analysis_overview.thtml 2. We also use SQL Server 2000 for our client database (same server as Navision). Should we consider running Navision on SQL Server? Does it require it’s own instance or SQL Server, or will it install as a database in the default instance? We’re a medium sized (65 employees) non-profit with 4 accounting staff. Any recommendations?

Personally, I’d go with Jet Reports. Jet Reports single handedly got Navision out of the Navision Analyst business.

I actually got a brocure from them in the mail a while ago. Do you know how much it costs, what versions of Navision it supports and if it makes a difference whether you’re running Navision’s DB or SQL Server? Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Muzzy Dawg
Personally, I’d go with Jet Reports. Jet Reports single handedly got Navision out of the Navision Analyst business.

Here are some numbers we’ve used for clients in the past… Jet Reports Viewer per Computer is about $300 each Jet Reports Designer is around $1000 each Jet Reports Connector per Database is about $2000 each I believe the product works back to version 2.5 of Navision…but don’t quote me. It works with either database SQL or “native”. If I can help just let me know…