2.6 and 3.6 (attain) in the same machine

Hello, my company was working with the 2.6 version and we are now installing the attain 3.6 version. Im the sistem administrator and the compañy which is installing the new version says that the two versions can run in the same machine using diferent ports. The problem is that when we start the two services the machine gets blocked. The operative system is Windows 2000 server. W My question is if we can stand the two services runing in the same machine with direrent folders, ports and database. THANKS A LOT.

Hi, On your Product CD, in the Doc folder, take a look at the PDF manual named “Installation & System Management: Navision Attain Database Server” (w1w1ism.pdf). On chapter 1.6, page 21, you will find a section explaining the setup procedures to run 2 independent servers on the same machine.

HI Nelson, I read that part of the manual, the problem is that we need two different servers, 2.6 and attai so we have to do two instalations. The case is not the case describes in the manual. D u have any information about that? THANKS THANKS THANKS

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
Hi, On your Product CD, in the Doc folder, take a look at the PDF manual named “Installation & System Management: Navision Attain Database Server” (w1w1ism.pdf). On chapter 1.6, page 21, you will find a section explaining the setup procedures to run 2 independent servers on the same machine.

I understand, the manual refers to the installation of 2 servers of the same version. But the procedure should be just about the same. I never attempted what you want, but maybe try it this way: - Cleanup the Server from any previous installations; - Install 2.6 Server, copy the installation folder to, example, “C:\Nav26”; - Install 3.6 Server, copy the installation folder to, example, “C:\Nav36”; - Configure both servers using server.exe at the command prompt; - The rest would be pretty much as described in the I&SM manual.