2.0 to 3.60 Upgrade

We have been upgrading an NF 2.0 database to NA 3.60 and have run into some real problems. We have got to the stage where all our objects have compiled and we are ready to import the fobs and run the codeunits to bring in the data. The problem we have is that the fob files import items that bear no relation to those listed in the manual. Instead of importing three items as expected it imports nearly fifty. Our problems continue when we try to run codeunits, as per the instructions, as the objects imported seem to clash with the code being run.[B)] Does anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions to get round this?[?]

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
The problem we have is that the fob files import items that bear no relation to those listed in the manual. Instead of importing three items as expected it imports nearly fifty. Our problems continue when we try to run codeunits, as per the instructions, as the objects imported seem to clash with the code being run.[B)]

Which fob is giving you this problem? Anna

the fobs in question are:- 200.1 the problem is with the report list table and 260360.1 supposed to contain 47 objects according to documentation but contains more and the additional objects aren’t mentioned anywhere as far as we can tell. It also adds the VAT entry table which has a different layout in the new version so it generates an error and will not import the fob. does this make sense? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sorry, just to clarify the above posting a bit further The major problem we have with the 200.1.fob is that it brings in around 50 items rather than the significantly lower number we were expecting as per the directions in the upgrade manual. The other problem we have is that the second (260360.1) fob imports almost the same objects as the first, including the VAT table mentioned in the posting above. This is point at which the import falls over.[xx(] Any ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
Sorry, just to clarify the above posting a bit further The major problem we have with the 200.1.fob is that it brings in around 50 items rather than the significantly lower number we were expecting as per the directions in the upgrade manual. The other problem we have is that the second (260360.1) fob imports almost the same objects as the first, including the VAT table mentioned in the posting above. This is point at which the import falls over.[xx(] Any ideas?

The only idea that comes to my mind is that you got a fob file named 200.1.fob which actually is something else (sorry, I know this isn’t such a smart suggestion, but I just verified and my 200.1.fob indeed contains three objects - Tables 104037 and 104042 and codeunit 104039) Where did you get the upgtk? Anna

Hi John, Be careful with the fobs. Its a lot of headache out there. Even if you manage to upgrade with difficulties now, u may end up with problems later. The first thing you can do is not done is: 1. Make a list of steps in brief you have to do 2. Note down clearly the name of fob file to import as this is the main reason. I understand that you are trying to upgrade from NF 2.0 to NA 3.60. But seem to have the wrong fobs available with you or reimporting same objects again.

Thank you Anna and Rahimuddin, your help is much appreciated! I have had an informative chat with someone from MBS here in the UK and it turns out that there is a second piece of documentation on the UPGTK CD in word format called GBupgradeprocess. This has provided a much clearer definition of what is required in the GB version upgrade. Just in case there is anyone out there that is considering an upgrade fort a GB version, i would strongly recommend that you use this instead of, or at least in conjunction with the W1 .PDF documentation.

My image of my Attain 3.60 CD is corrupted and if anyone can send me/or direct me to a download of the UPGTK, I would be most thankful. drevell@ncalabs.com