$0.00 payable balance

It’s a long story but I have had to void some check which left on open payable. I have issued credit memos to get the a/p balance back to $0.00. The open payable and the credit memo are now appearing on the aging report and Navision will not allow me to write a $0.00 check. Since I can not write a $0.00 check I have to delete these each time I write checks. How do I get these cleared out of A/P and off my aging report?

You should be able to apply the open credit memo to the open invoice. Once the open items are closed, they won’t appear on the aging report. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Now my lack of knowledge and training on Navision is showing. I thought I did apply the credit memos to the open invoices, when I created them but in looking back I see that I did not. Can I apply a posted credit memo or do I need to reverse the credit and recreate it applying it as is should have been?

You can apply a posted credit memo. Go to the Vendor Card, choose the Ledger Entries option from the Vendor button, then choose the Apply Entries option from the Application button. Highlight each of the records that you want to tie together through application, press F9 for each, then rest the cursor on the Credit Memo (or payment) and invoke Post Application from the Application button on this screen (Apply Ledger Entries). That should do it. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Thanks David! That did the trick. I continue to become more and more educated on the ins and out of this software due to folks like you. I appreciate all of your help.

I did a project when I was working for a small NSC in NH where we tweaked the software to allow the user to write a zero-dollar check. It was a simple mod, but you would have to pay your NSC at least $75/hr-$125/hr for at least 2 hours to get it done. Our customer frequently ran into that problem and their accounting people didn’t know about the workaround described above (and frankly, neither I nor the account manager knew about it either, I am ashamed to say…) I am sure Tom Blaisdell mentioned that trick during my Enterprise Foundations class, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention when he did. Sorry, Tom! ------- Tim Horrigan horrigan@aol.com